Keeping to the seasons’ festivities, we thought it would be appropriate to do a How to Guide for your homes this season using seasonal flowers and greenery to add a burst of colour and Christmas cheer to your home this season.
Do it yourself
YOU WILL NEED:
- Carbon Blade Scissors (or just sharp scissors)
- Flower Food
- Blue Spruce Small Branches or 5KG bundle or Nordman Green
- Cylinder (vase of choice)
- Conifer Mixed
- Ilex Berries
- Eryngium Dyed Silver or White
- Hypericum (colour of choice)
- Eucalyptus Dyed Champagne (or colour of choice)
- Asparagus Fern (colour of choice)
Fill the vase with fresh, clean water. Add flower food (optional)
To create a good base for the arrangement, start by adding the large branches of Blue Spruce.
After, add the other green materials to the vase. This will add a good frame to add the other flowers to the arrangement. Cut the branches if necessary and remove the lower needles.
After you have added all of the green foliage to the design, you can now add the Eryngium Thistles (white or silver – approx. 5 stems), Hypericum (8 stems), Ilex berries (5 stems), Asparagus (4 stems) and Eucalyptus (4 stems). The stem count will depend on the size of the vase that you are using.
For further decoration, you can add any dried or artificial berries, pine cones or poinsettias on sticks to the arrangement.