This October, we are celebrating, exploring and incorporating Chrysanthemums into our designs!
Discover our brief introduction video here on the different types of Chrysanthemums and an overview of how to condition the flowers.
Fun Facts about Chrysanthemums:
- The Chrysanthemum was first cultivated in China as a flowering herb and is described in writings as early as 15th century BC.
- Chrysanthemum flower is one of the most popular flower in the world, next to the Rose.
- Chrysanthemums are commonly known as mums or chrysants or xants.
- They are genus of the family Asteracae.
- The name “chrysanthemum” is derived from the Greek words chrysos (gold) and anthemon (flower).
- Chrysanthemums are composites. The flower heads are made up of tiny individual flowers. The flowering parts of chrysanthemums are made up of disk and ray florets.
- Fruit of chrysanthemum is called ribbed achene.
- Birth flower of November
- Chrysanthemum flower symbolise happinesss, joy, love or grief. According to Feng Shui, Chrysanthemums bring happiness and laughter into your home.
Stay tuned for more introduction videos exploring the individual varieties, conditioning tips and how to tutorials on how you can incorporate into designs.