Hydrangea are such a versatile flower and available in a wide palette of colours. Today, we are looking at the different blue varieties that are available on the flower market that would be perfect to use for an up coming wedding or event, decorate your home or gift a friend.
Most Popular Varieties in Blue
- Hydrangea Verena Blue – One of the most popular light blue Hydrangea on the flower market. It works well combined with corals, dusky pinks and pure white / ivory colour palettes.
- Hydrangea Elbtal – This beautiful hydrangea is a mid-blue that can adopt purple colour hues. Lovely to use for a focal flower in designs.
- Hydrangra Royal Navy – Similar to Elbtal, the Royal Navy is moving toward the darker hue of blue, however not as dark as the name would suggest. It can adopt purple tones, but this can vary from grower / grade.
- Hydrangea Bela – Leaning toward a royal, dominant blue palette, this focal flower holds its own in an arrangement. Work into wedding or event designs or style your home with this striking bloom this summer!
- Hydrangea Pimpernel – Just like Bela, the Pimpernel is a striking blue colour tone and works wonderfully in wedding and event work acting as the focal flower.
You can find all of the varieties on our website under ‘Hydrangea‘ category in blue or different colours for an up and coming event, wedding or even to gift a friend for a birthday or occasion.
- Combine blue hydrangea with classic whites / ivoriesd using delicate flowers such as peonies, delphinium, nigella, astrantia and freesia.
- Combine blue hydrangea with a monochromatic colour palette using lilacs, pinks and grey hues with hydrangea, peonies, veronica, garden roses and eucalyptus
- Combine soft blues with a coral colour palette using roses, spray roses or hypericum berries
Big Fish Photography – Triangle Nursery