This February, our flower of the month is Roses. Wholesale Roses have always been one of the most popular flowers on the flower market and are available all year round (AYR) in numerous varieties, stem lengths and grades.
The rose is available in all colours which hold their own special meaning. So wherever and whoever you are, there is always a suitable rose for you.
Here at Triangle Nursery, we tend to split them into two categories to make life just a little bit easier for ourselves, so we have mainstream and specialist varieties!
Mainstream Rose varieties
So let me begin by telling you a bit about our Mainstream Rose varieties! These are wholesale roses that are produced and sent to the flower auctions in great quantities. They are available AYR and cover the basic colour and stem requirements. They are what we call the ‘bread and butter’ flowers for most florist shops throughout the year! This is because they grow all year round, they remain cheap and are grown in large quantities!
Rose Miss Piggy
Specialist Rose varieties
So moving on, now we have the specialist, the holy grail of roses! They are specialist roses (says it in the name!) that come into their own when a specific variety is required for a special event like weddings. They are generally grown in smaller quantities by specialist producers and therefore command a higher price at auction! There is no stopping specialist roses; they vary in colour, shade, length and grade with new strains being developed each year!!
- Colombian Garden Roses
- David Austin Garden Roses
- Eucadorian Garden Roses
- Dyed Roses
- Preserved / Infinity Roses
The heart-shaped petals symbolise love and trust, and the thorns indicate that love is not all roses. Did you know that evert colour has its own meaning? See below for a list of the different meanings in the primary colours.
- Red rose: Love and respect
- White rose: Purity, innocence, dignity and chastity
- Pink rose: Happiness, gratitude and virtue
- Yellow rose: Jealousy, friendship, solidarity
- Orange rose: Longing, appreciation, sympathy
A combination of the colours and paired with other flowers can also have meanings. For example, combining white and pink roses in the same bunch can express the wish to always be together.
Wholesale Roses – Top 4 FAQ’s
- Does the stem length effect the size of the flower head of the wholesale rose? Yes. Typically, the general consensus is the longer the stem length is, the larger the head size. Naturally, some roses are naturally larger than others, so it is worth contacting us direct via email, telephone or chat to ask for advice.
- Can you guarantee getting the exact wholesale rose variety? Most of the time, yes but not always. If your chosen wholesale rose is not on the cut flower auction on the day of purchase, we may have to substitute it with a similar rose variety. Unfortunately, mother nature does not always create absolutes and it can be unpredictable.
- Can you quote an exact price in advance for my wholesale roses? It is very difficult because wholesale rose prices are determined by supply & demand at the flower auction, but we can always give you a good idea based on previous years.
- How do I care for my wholesale roses? Click here to find out about conditioning your wholesale roses or watch the video below to help you get the best out of your wholesale roses.
For more information and for all of the ingredients found on the blog today, visit our website.